STEP 1 – SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION FORM BELOW.
STEP 2 – EMAIL YOUR PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE BY CLICKING HERE.
Art at the Beach
Visual art festival at Beach Street Felixstowe
Felixstowe’s latest art festival With over 40 artists and creatives displaying their work, free art activities for visitors and a demonstration tent!
If you want to get involved in the latest art festival in Suffolk, keep reading…
- Art at The Beach aims to strengthen the local art community and make art accessible to everyone.
- Art at the Beach – Visual art festival at Beach Street Felixstowe.
- Saturday 3rd June 2023, 10am – 4pm.
- Beach Street Felixstowe, Manning’s Amusements, Micklegate Road, Felixstowe, Suffolk, IP11 2GN.
- Limited number of stands available. Applications accepted on a first come first served basis and will go through a selection process. If you are successful, you will be emailed a link to make payment for your pitch.
- Pitch fee is £35 (one Heras fence at 3.5m in length). Only one fence per applicant.
- For refunds and cancellation, please see more details below.
- Traders are personally liable for their individual stalls. Art at the Beach organisers are not liable for any damage, loss, theft or injury incurred while participating at Art at the Beach.
- Artists must obtain Public Liability Insurance & provide evidence of this during the application process.
- Art at the Beach, has certain criteria that must be upheld for the event;
- If artists exhibited for Art at the Beach 2022, over 50% of the artworks on display for June 2023 must be different from what was previously exhibited. This is in order to keep Art at the Beach fresh and show new artworks to visitors.
- All goods for sale must be the applicant’s own designs/creations. This means they should either be made by you (the applicant) and/or produced on a small-scale.
- Allowed at the event; paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography, textiles, pottery, ceramics, prints, glass… Anything wonderfully arty!
- All items on show must be presented professionally and suitably strung ready to be hung on the Heras fencing. Anything that is too heavy to be hung on the fencing, can either be rested against the fencing from the ground or simply left at home! Please be sensible when choosing particular items that you wish to display at the event, as the weight of them could affect the fencing.
- Applications are reviewed by a selection committee who will review all applications submitted to ensure the authenticity of work in support of the integrity of artists, both professional and amateur. In the unlikely event that your application is deemed unsuitable, we will inform you and return your application fee. The decisions made by the selection committee are final and shall be exercised at our sole discretion.
ANY ARTIST WHO FEELS UNABLE TO MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS IS UNABLE TO TAKE PART. The organisers reserve the right to halt sales and/or remove work from the show that is not in compliance with the exhibition’s requirements.
Exhibition Rules and Standards:
- The images submitted with the application must be a true reflection of the work that will be exhibited at the event.
- The work on display at the event must be original, created and executed by the artist’s own hand and be of professional quality.
- Disallowed items include but are not limited to: commercially manufactured or reproduced items and photography editions over 250 in quantity.
- Promotion and collecting for charities is not permitted unless agreed with the event organisers.
- Any artist who has not applied for a pitch, will not be allowed to exhibit on the day.
- Anything in front of the Heras fencing should not protrude further than two foot.
- Artists will be allocated a time to enter the site and will need to vacate the site by 6pm taking all rubbish with them.
- Any artist arriving after their allocated time will not be allowed to drive onto the site, but will have to park on one of the surrounding streets to deliver work to their allocated pitch.
- Your allotted pitch may be given to artists on either side if you do not arrive by your allocated time or materialise for the event.
- If artists are unable to take up their pitch, refunds will be given up to 14 days before the event.
- All those exhibiting at the event can take their work down from 4pm, but not any earlier unless instructed by the event organisers.
- Applicants are advised that the organisers of Art at the Beach do not insure the applicants work or them for public liability.
- Artists must read the Privacy Statement and tick the box in the Application Form to submit their application.
All applicants must hold their own Public Liability Insurance to exhibit at the event, this is mandatory. The organisers are not responsible for any theft, loss, damage or injury relating to the artwork or persons exhibiting at the event.
One method of obtaining PLI is to sign up as a member to the Artists’ Interaction & Representation organisation, and use the free PLI insurance that is included in the membership to AIR. https://www.a-n.co.uk
- Pitch fees are £35 each
- Applications accepted on a first come first served basis and will go through a selection process. If you are successful, you will be emailed a link to make payment for your pitch. Expect an answer in December 2022.
- Pitches are made up of Heras fences (see picture below). Art at the Beach will be held under the covered area of Beach Street Felixstowe called, ‘The Shed’.
- Exhibitors will need to supply hooks to attach their work to the fence.
- Layout of the fences allow for each vendor to display their work on the fencing using S-hooks and are permitted to use the floor area in front of their allocated pitch to display additional work if needed (must not exceed two foot).
- Furniture is permitted, such as a chair or two and slim print rack, but must not exceed floor area in front of their allocated pitch (two foot).
- The organisers are not able to accept individual requests regarding the pitch locations.
- Exhibitors are required to be present at their pitch for the duration of the event.
- Artists will be allocated a set time to unload their vehicles on the site of Art at the Beach.
- Car access will be available before the event from 7:30am – 9.30am (you will be given a specific arrival time for your car on site) and after the event at 4.15 pm – 6pm.
- Cars must drive with extra care and attention at no more than 5mph with their hazard lights on.
- All artists must remove their work at the end of the event and vacate the site by 6pm, taking all rubbish with them.
- Parking during the day is available for free on one of the surrounding streets.
NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED UNTIL THESE NEXT TWO STEPS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED.
Applications accepted on a first come first served basis and will go through a selection process. Applicants will receive an automated email confirming acknowledgement of their application. Expect an answer in December 2022 regarding the status of your application. If you are successful, you will be emailed a link to make payment for your pitch. Nearer to the time of the event, successful applicants will receive further details regarding the day.
- The application requires the contact details of the artist, information about their work and images of the type of art they aim to display/sell at the event.
- Applications will be regarded as complete only when:
- The application form has been successfully completed and received by us.
- The Public Liability Insurance is received by us and is valid for the event.
To apply, please complete the from below.
If the event is cancelled in its entirety, due to circumstances beyond our control, then we shall have no liability for losses or costs which you may incur due to such cancellation but we will refund 100% of your pitch fee. Events are subject to cancellation or rescheduling at the discretion of the organisers. If the event does go ahead with changes made, and you are unable to attend, no refund will be given and the organisers will not be liable for any additional loss or damage resulting from such changes.
If your circumstances change, for whatever reason, and you are unable to attend the event, you must inform us immediately. The hire fee of £35 is non-refundable.
If you wish to cancel your pitch less than 14 days prior to the day of the event no refunds will be given.
If you wish to cancel your application, you have until midnight Friday 19th May 2023 (14 days before the event), but a full refund is not guaranteed and is at the sole discretion of the organisers. If the space can be re-allocated or re-let, the organisers will refund the exhibitor. If the space cannot be re-allocated or re-let, the exhibitor will continue to be liable for the pitch fee.
Our right to vary these Terms and Conditions:
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
You will be asked to sign and date your acceptance of these event booking terms and conditions. The organisers of the event reserve the right to cancel bookings deemed not to comply fully with these terms and conditions.
Due to changes in data protection please read the following:
I (the artist) understand the following: –
- You (Art at the Beach) will hold the personal details that I give you, safely and securely. You will not share them without my permission.
- You will use my data to administer the allocation of stalls at Art at the Beach and to contact me about Art at the Beach or related matters.
- I have the right to request to see what information you hold about me, to rectify it and to ask to be deleted from your records.
- Unless I request otherwise you will hold my data for up to 15 months from the time I give it to you so that you can contact me about future art events and art festivals you are organising.
- My details will be deleted after 15 months.